To supplement a Catholic Education here at St John's, we have three area Catholic elementary schools for your family to attend.
Sts. Joan of Arc & Patrick School
Sts. Joan of Arc & Patrick School is devoted to the spiritual development of its students and their families. Academics, athletics, extra-curricular and social activities reflect our Catholic heritage.
Students actively participate in the celebration of the Mass, in the Sacrament of Reconciliation, Eucharistic adoration, and seasonal prayer activities such as Stations of the Cross. Because faith is to be lived, prayer is integrated throughout the school day. Students pray at the start of the day, before and after meals and snacks, at the start of classes, and at the end of the school day. All that we do is offered as service to our Lord.
Religion classes are appropriate for each age group. Beginning in preschool, children learn of God's love for them. As students mature, they learn more about the teachings of the Church and their role in the universal Church. The STSJP Virtues Program allows students to learn to live virtuous lives by studying the lives of saints. This study includes exploration of the ways students may integrate saintly virtues into their own lives. Service is an integral part of our faith.
Our Lady of Grace School
The mission of Our Lady of Grace Catholic School is to provide a Catholic foundation for God’s children through religious and academic education where excellence is expected, discipline is understood, family is valued and social awareness is strengthened.
Our Lady of Grace Catholic School established by the expressed authority of the bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Lafayette, and inspired by the Holy Spirit, will become a beacon of Jesus’ Light for the greater community of Hamilton County, Indiana. Our Lady of Grace Catholic School students are nurtured in mind, body and spirit, in a safe, financially stable environment. Our school is supported by a strong, spiritually centered community, where learning is characterized as a dynamic academic endeavor. Our students will become the next generation of Catholic, servant-leaders, proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
St. Mary School
- Grades PreK-8
- Accreditation by the State of Indiana and the North Central Association
- Member of the Diocese of Lafayette Catholic Schools System
- Administration and teachers--degreed and licensed in accordance with the Indiana Department of Education regulations
- Dress Code
- Daily liturgies/prayer services/service projects
- Basic Curriculum: religion, mathematics, reading, language arts, social studies, science, physical education,
- computer technology, music, and art
- Science Fair/Spelling Bee/Geography Bee/Field Trips
- Participation in sports with Alexandria-Monroe Public Schools for students 6th-8th grades
- Bus service by Alexandria Public Schools for those living within the Alex-Monroe District